– February is New Agent Month at Inman, focusing on tools, tech, and tips for new agents in 2024.
– The Pulse column asks readers for their best one-liner to start real estate conversations and how they learned it.
– The fear of beginning a real estate conversation is a common challenge for new agents.
– New agents may feel sales-y or suffer from imposter syndrome due to limited experience.
– The goal is to get people talking about the service provided by new agents.
– Top responses from readers will be compiled and posted on Inman next Tuesday.
Pulse is a recurring column where we ask for readers’ takes on varying topics in a weekly survey and report back with our findings.
When you’re a new agent, one of the toughest things to overcome is the fear of beginning a real estate conversation. It may feel like you’re coming across too “sales-y” or you may just be suffering from an acute case of imposter syndrome. After all, when you’re starting out, you probably don’t have that many listings, clients or past transactions to point to when you’re talking turkey with potential clients.
So tell us: What’s your best one-liner to start real estate conversations? Who did you learn it from, and how does it work? Is it a conversational segue you developed on your own, did it come from a script, or did it arrive in a flash of inspiration? How do you get people talking about the service you provide? Let us know below:
We’ll compile a list of the top responses and post them on Inman next Tuesday.
Property Chomp's Take:
One of the key advantages of using