– Spring-themed gifts can make real estate more fun for you and your clients
– “Smile Stops” are opportunities to connect with past clients by offering a small gift and making a memorable moment
– SMILE stands for Service, Meet face-to-face, Invite them to share their needs, Leave behind a token of gratitude, and Elevate the relationship
– Spring offers many holidays that are perfect for crafting pop-bys
– Some spring-themed gift ideas include Oreo cookies for National Oreo Day, shamrock-themed bags with Skittles for St. Patrick’s Day, dog treats or toys for National Puppy Day, potted plants or flower seeds for National Gardening Day, reusable tote bags with eco-friendly goodies for Earth Day, bouquets of flowers or scented candles for Mother’s Day, and fresh donuts for National Donut Week
– The strategy is about showing genuine appreciation and reinforcing the value you place on each client relationship
– Having fun and creating positive experiences for clients is important in the real estate industry
– Spring is a season of renewal and a great time to create connections with clients.
Want to make real estate more fun for you and your clients? Check out Darryl Davis’ ideas for spring-themed gifts.
Spring is right around the corner and it’s a great time to “plant” seeds of appreciation with your past clients with what you may know as pop-bys (and which we call Smile Stops). These are just little opportunities to connect with past clients by stopping by, offering a small gift of some kind and making a memorable moment for you and them.
What I love most about this practice is that it not only puts a smile on the face of your clients, but it helps you have a little more fun in your business and enjoy more of the moments as well. After all, we all could use a little more fun these days, right?
Here’s what SMILE stands for:
- S: Service (focus on service, not selling)
- M: Meet face-to-face
- I: Invite them to share their needs by asking questions
- L: Leave behind a token of gratitude
- E: Elevate the relationship
Spring into these seasonal pop-bys
Spring offers a lot of holidays that are perfect for crafting your pop-bys. Here are seven spring-themed ideas to help you bring a little sunshine to your clients:
National Oreo Day (Mar. 6): Gift a package of Double-Stuf to five great clients and a note:
“Happy National Oreo Day! Just like knowing the best way to enjoy an Oreo, understanding the real estate market inside and out makes all the difference. Thank you for allowing me to be your guide!”
St. Patrick’s Day (Mar. 17): Gift small shamrock-themed bags with packages of Skittles, with a note:
“Like rainbows, great clients are hard to find. Thank you for being mine!”
National Puppy Day (Mar. 23): Share a small package of dog treats or a toy for their furry friend, with a note:
“Paws-ing to thank you for your trust and referrals!”
National Gardening Day (Apr. 14): Gift a small potted plant or flower seeds with a note:
“Thank you for helping my business GROW. Wishing you a happy National Gardening Day! I’m here to help answer any questions about what this ‘season’ in real estate means to you!”
Earth Day (Apr. 22): Offer a reusable tote bag filled with eco-friendly goodies and a message:
“Happy Earth Day! Sustaining our planet, and your real estate needs, with care!”
Mother’s Day (May 12): Offer a small bouquet of flowers, or a beautifully scented candle, with a note: “
Celebrating the gift of moms in our community this week and all they do to make a house a home! Thank you for all you do! I appreciate you!”
National Donut Week (May 18-26): Deliver a dozen fresh and fun donuts to five favorite clients with a note:
“Do-NOT worry about any of your real estate questions or needs! I’ve got you! Happy Donut Week!”
Making connections that last
This strategy is not just about gifts; it’s about showing genuine appreciation and reinforcing the value you place on each client relationship. Spring is a season of renewal and what better way to renew your connections than by making your clients smile?
Have fun with these and get creative about finding new ways to touch base with past clients that don’t feel salesy or make it all about you. My business partner always tells me before I go onstage for a speaking engagement to have fun. She says, “When you have fun, they’ll have fun.” She’s right.
The same advice is good for you every time you meet with a past client or even a prospect. People want to work with people who are uplifting, engaging and positive. Actively create those experiences for them.
There’s a lot about this business, this industry, right now that is not fun, but we do have some control over how we present and project ourselves to the people we interact with. Go have fun. Make some memories. Create connections.
Property Chomp's Take:
Spring is a time of renewal, growth, and new beginnings. It's also a great opportunity for real estate agents to connect with their past clients and show appreciation for their support. One way to do this is through spring-themed gifts, or what some call "pop-bys." These are small gestures that allow agents to stop by their clients' homes, offer a small gift, and create a memorable moment for both parties.
Darryl Davis, a real estate expert, suggests using the acronym SMILE to guide your pop-bys. The "S" stands for service, emphasizing the importance of focusing on service rather than selling. The "M" encourages agents to meet face-to-face with their clients, building a personal connection. The "I" reminds agents to invite their clients to share their needs by asking questions. The "L" suggests leaving behind a token of gratitude, and finally, the "E" aims to elevate the relationship between the agent and the client.
Spring offers many holidays and occasions that are perfect for crafting pop-bys. Here are seven spring-themed ideas to help you bring a little sunshine to your clients:
1. National Oreo Day (March 6): Gift a package of Double-Stuf Oreos to five great clients with a note emphasizing the importance of understanding the real estate market.
2. St. Patrick's Day (March 17): Gift small shamrock-themed bags with packages of Skittles, expressing gratitude for having great clients.
3. National Puppy Day (March 23): Share a small package of dog treats or a toy for their furry friend, thanking them for their trust and referrals.
4. National Gardening Day (April 14): Gift a small potted plant or flower seeds, thanking them for helping your business grow and offering assistance with any real estate questions.
5. Earth Day (April 22): Offer a reusable tote bag filled with eco-friendly goodies, highlighting the importance of sustainability in both the environment and their real estate needs.
6. Mother's Day (May 12): Offer a small bouquet of flowers or a scented candle, celebrating the gift of moms in the community and their role in making a house a home.
7. National Donut Week (May 18-26): Deliver a dozen fresh and fun donuts to five favorite clients, reassuring them that you are there to address any real estate questions or needs.
These pop-bys are not just about the gifts; they are about showing genuine appreciation and reinforcing the value you place on each client relationship. Spring is a season of renewal, making it the perfect time to renew your connections and make your clients smile.
It's important to approach these interactions with a sense of fun and positivity. People want to work with individuals who are uplifting, engaging, and positive. By actively creating these experiences for your clients, you can strengthen your relationships and make lasting connections.
In the current real estate climate, where many aspects of the industry can feel challenging, it's essential to find ways to inject some fun and joy into your business. By embracing the spirit of spring and using pop-bys as an opportunity to connect with your clients, you can make lasting memories and create a positive impact on your business.
So, go ahead and have fun! Make some memories, create connections, and bring a little sunshine into your clients' lives. Spring is the perfect time to plant seeds of appreciation and watch them grow.