– The business of luxury real estate is fast-paced and requires ambitious targets and goals.
– Focusing on current clients is important for long-term loyalty and referrals.
– The author came from an unconventional background in acting and television.
– Individualized service is essential in luxury real estate.
– Luxury consumers expect tailored experiences.
– Each client has different aspirations and reasons for buying or selling.
– Agents are ambassadors of their personal brands and building relationships is important.
– Technology can be used to create personalized experiences for clients.
– The human element and spending quality time with clients is crucial.
– The author believes in giving and sharing to achieve success.
– The author has deep local knowledge and is involved in community initiatives.
– Sotheby’s International Realty can be found on various social media platforms.
Join the exceptional and become a Sotheby’s International Realty agent.
The business of luxury real estate is a busy one. As agents serving the most prestigious markets, we have ambitious targets to meet and goals to achieve, and we often play the role of both the seasoned professional and savvy entrepreneur, planning for the stable, sustainable growth of our business and our brands while eagerly prospecting for emerging opportunities.
Here’s the thing we have to remember, though: the greatest business opportunity is often the one that’s right in front of us every day — our current clients. While it’s important to think of the big picture, don’t forget that by focusing on your present buyers and sellers, and devoting yourself fully to their success, you’re guaranteeing the future of your business through their long-term loyalty and referrals.
I came to luxury real estate from a fairly unconventional background. When I lived in the UK, I was a successful actress and presenter for film and television — including for a program where I helped out-of-town buyers find their dream homes. This ignited a passion for real estate, which I pursued once my family relocated to Chapel Hill.
Now, as an agent with Hodge & Kittrell Sotheby’s International Realty serving North Carolina’s Triangle, here’s why providing highly bespoke, customized services has enabled me to establish myself in this industry and excel within a relatively short time.
3 reasons why individualized service is essential
As luxury agents, individualized services have long been a component of our business that differentiates our offerings from those in other segments of the market. Yet, it’s important to take a moment to remind ourselves why these are so critical.
1. Luxury consumers expect tailored experiences
From personal shoppers who meticulously remember their styles and preferences at their favorite luxury retailers to the attentive catering on business class flights and five-star hotels, luxury clients come to real estate already accustomed to having their needs anticipated. If they don’t get the white glove service they’ve learned to expect, they’ll take their business elsewhere.
2. No two clients have the same aspirations
Having been through home buying in the Triangle myself — discovering all its areas and finding a property fit for my family — I’m mindful that each client is moving for a different, personal reason. When meeting a buyer or seller for the first time, never lose sight of this fact; listen to them carefully and ask questions so you can understand their unique hopes, concerns and objectives and help them plan their purchase or sale accordingly.
3. You’re the ambassador of your personal brand
We’re decision-makers for our business while simultaneously being the faces of our personal brands, and the service we provide determines how successful the brand will be. That’s why building relationships is such a key factor in my real estate practice. Luxury real estate transactions are significant investments, and my clients need to feel they can trust me and have confidence in the advice I provide to them. Nurturing relationships with fellow agents and brokers — locally, nationally and globally — is also a key priority.
Create individualized experiences with technology
From e-commerce to mobile apps to social media feeds, personalization has become synonymous with technology — and this is something that we can capitalize on in luxury real estate. From high-quality imagery and video to immersive virtual tours, I encourage you to use the tools and platforms available to you to create a rich library of content for your current and prospective clients, then track their engagement with your website and social channels so you can deliver content that interests them.
However, nothing compares with the human touch
While technology is valuable, nothing is more crucial than the human element and spending quality time with clients. Those regular phone calls and in-person meetings, as well as dinners, events and shared excursions, allow me to get a genuine sense of their lifestyle, preferences and desires, as well as the specific locations, amenities and aesthetics that appeal to them.
My motto has always been, “The more you give, the more you receive; the more you share, the more you have.” In other words, the abundance of life isn’t measured by what you have but by what you give, and when our colleagues and clients win, we win with them.
Claire Pope, an actress and presenter from the UK, has called Chapel Hill home since 2015. With a strong passion for real estate, she and her family decided to establish Chapel Hill as their permanent residence in November 2019 after initially renting. Claire’s deep local knowledge, coupled with her involvement in community initiatives such as FilmFest919 and the Orange County Habitat for Humanity annual spring fashion show, positions her as a valuable resource for those looking to relocate to the Triangle area.
Property Chomp's Take:
Are you looking for a career in luxury real estate? Look no further than Sotheby's International Realty. As agents serving prestigious markets, we understand the importance of ambitious targets and goals. We play the role of both seasoned professionals and savvy entrepreneurs, constantly planning for the stable growth of our business and brands while prospecting for emerging opportunities. But amidst all the planning and strategizing, it's essential not to overlook the greatest business opportunity right in front of us – our current clients.
While it's crucial to think of the big picture, focusing on your present buyers and sellers and devoting yourself fully to their success guarantees the future of your business through their long-term loyalty and referrals. As someone who entered luxury real estate from an unconventional background, I understand the value of providing highly bespoke, customized services. Here’s why individualized service is essential in this industry:
1. Luxury consumers expect tailored experiences: Luxury clients are already accustomed to having their needs anticipated, whether it's personal shoppers remembering their styles or five-star hotels providing attentive service. If they don't receive the white glove service they expect, they'll take their business elsewhere.
2. No two clients have the same aspirations: Each client is moving for a different, personal reason. When meeting with a buyer or seller, it's crucial to understand their unique hopes, concerns, and objectives. By listening carefully and asking the right questions, you can help them plan their purchase or sale accordingly.
3. You're the ambassador of your personal brand: As luxury real estate agents, we are not only decision-makers for our business but also the faces of our personal brands. The service we provide determines the success of our brand. Building relationships with clients, as well as fellow agents and brokers, is crucial for establishing trust and confidence.
While technology can enhance the client experience, nothing compares to the human touch. Regular phone calls, in-person meetings, and shared experiences allow you to understand your clients on a deeper level. By spending quality time with them, you gain insight into their lifestyle, preferences, and desires. Remember, the more you give and share, the more you receive and have.
At Sotheby's International Realty, we understand the significance of personalization in luxury real estate. From high-quality imagery and video to immersive virtual tours, we encourage you to use technology to create a rich library of content for your clients. However, always remember that the human element is crucial in establishing trust and long-term relationships.
So, if you're ready to join the exceptional and become a Sotheby's International Realty agent, visit our website to learn more. We invite you to experience the latest from Sotheby's International Realty on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok. Start your journey in luxury real estate today!